Quinkie Fifth Anniversary Quiz
This May 12th marks the Fifth anniversary of Quinkie. Thanks to all those forces that kept the group going with your contributions. Let’s celebrate the occasion by posting quizzes.
May I request all those members who are not able to contribute regularly, to chip in? Please give it a thought.
To set the ball rolling, here’s a quiz from me:
1. Which famous brand was named so because the founder felt it’s easy to pronounce in any European language, and it’s also short enough to fit on the product.
2. Wishing his son should be as strong and sharp as himself, the father ensured the son would gulp a glass of blood daily. To fortify the mental faculties, the father ordained the son consume calf brains washed down with a bottle of beer, three times a week . How do we know this legendary `son’ in the world of advertising? Interestingly, his autobiography was named appropriately.
3. Coming from the French for `to be free from servitude’, which popular practice in today’s business traces its origin to the feudal times when the head of the Roman Catholic Church gave his clergy the permission to collect church taxes locally?
4. As a young boy, he developed a keen acumen for business and began by selling matches to neighbors from his bicycle. He realized that he could buy matches in bulk at a cheap price from Stockholm and sell them individually at a very low price but still make a good profit. From matches, he expanded his business to selling fish, Christmas tree decorations, seeds, ballpoint pens and pencils. Who?
American Cotton Oil, American Sugar, American Tobacco, Chicago Gas, Distilling and Cattle Feeding, General Electric, Laclede Gas, National Lead, Tennessee Coal & Iron, North American, U.S. Leather, and U.S. Rubber.
6. Identify the logo.
7. Identify the advertiser.
8. Who is this famous Indian?
9. What is the claim to fame of the visual shown below?
10. Connect the following visuals.
11. What does the following visual represent?
12. Identify the advertiser.
13. Where would you find this building, and what does it showcase?
14. Identify the advertiser.
Mail your answers to me at email@example.com.