This May 13 marks the sixth anniversary of Quinkie. I sincerely thank all the members who kept the group going with their postings.
Here’s a quiz, marking the occasion. Mail me your answers within a week.
1. Inspired by the phrase "poetry in motion" which was used to describe a football player, Mike Lazaridis named his company on similar lines. Which company would you associate Mike with?
2. The company was founded in 1945 as a tube voltmeter manufacturer. Later it diversified into microphones. Today, it is world’s leading brand providing integrated solutions for electro-acoustic products. The name of this company is derived from the name of its founder. Name this company/brand.
3. What word has been chosen as the top word of the year by the Merriam-Webster dictionary in 2008?
4. An accessories editor at the magazine Vogue UK, sensed a real demand for stylish but wearable shoes and approached this person, who was a shoe-maker based in the East End of London, recognized for his excellent craftsmanship. Later the editor launched a company on the name of the shoe-maker. The shoe-maker was of Malay descent. Today, this name is famous for glamorous accessories and is favored by international stars worldwide. This company was launched in 1996. The brand was promoted in the Bollywood film Fashion in 2008. Name the brand.
5. This company was founded in 1992 by Daymond John with a line of hats made in his house in Hollis, Queens. The name of the company is a backronym for "For Us, By Us", indicating that the product line was produced by black Americans for a primarily black American market. Which company?
6. Connect the two visuals
8. What famous beverage would you associate with this animal?